Moving along

Moving along

Monday, March 8, 2010

Family affair

Something has happened in my riding life that I must say is very unexpected.Feels crazy just typing this.My husband Joe has started riding with me.Gosh that sounds strange.I have been through a few riding partners who I have lost due to horse lameness or work schedules or no interest in Endurance so was prepared mentally to train alone.Hard for me at times as much as I love to ride to keep up the motivation.My husband bought a walking horse a few months ago because he wanted to trail ride.I took it easy with him the first couple of rides thinking he would loose interest if I pushed him to hard,and besides he wasn't in it to compete .To my amazement he loves it.Last Fri he took a day off from work and did 13 miles.I found myself turning to him to ask for a trot.I even pushed it a bit when I said"hold on I'm going to canter a bit.Thinking that I would look back and find him a mile or so behind ;there he was next to me! I have told him that before he knows it ,I will turn him into an Endurance rider when he is not looking.I can hear it not:"Look Joe,the vets want to look at your pretty horse"as he comes into the vet checks."Awe,honey I think the end of the trail is just a little further".I now have visions of becoming a husband and wife team.This is nothing short of a miracle.
Update on training:last week I concentrated on long slow distance , and completed a combined mileage of 30 miles for the week.Fri began to incorporate walk trot intervals.The tough part this week will be trying to work him despite the rain forecast.Looks like I'll be riding in the rain which is not new for us.Last couple of Endurance rides were in the rain.Plan to begin using my heart monitor this week as well.Well,that will sum up the past week,.Will try to bring the camera along the next ride to post some pictures.Happy trails!

3 comments:

  1. now how do you expect Joe to invest my money while you are converting him to horsey? Congrates. We will be at lbl through this week if you will be in lbl. give use a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stacy :)

    I'm glad to hear about your success converting Joe. That definitely makes me think that there is hope for Drew.

    Glad to see you're doing well and am excited to follow your blog, mine is thericheysfrombg.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok. WHY HAVE YOU NOT POSTED ON THE BLOG? I CHECK EVERY DAY AND YOU ARE BECOMMING A BIT LAZY IN WRITING. I WILL LOOK AGAIN SOON.

    ReplyDelete